Many people in the landscaping industry are asked when is the best time to have a sprinkler system installed? While the answer you receive may vary from one landscaper to another, an answer that many will agree on is during the fall months of the year. While late fall is ideal, any time from September until December will work.
There are several advantages offered when you purchase and have a sprinkler system installed at this time. Perhaps the most appealing advantage is the fact that you may receive a discount for these services.
Use Caution when Finding a Fall Sprinkler Installation Service
While the fall months are ideal for installing a sprinkler system, you should still proceed with caution. While you can save some money this time of year, you aren’t going to find a legitimate company offering extreme discounts, and if you do there is likely something “up.” The majority of landscaping professionals operate with a margin of less than 10 percent. As a result, if you find a sprinkler service company offering you a deal that seems “too good to be true,” then you need to avoid their services.
Reasons for “Too Good to be True Deals”
There are three possibilities of why a company may be offering these extreme discounts:
- They have inflated their prices anticipating this large discount.
- The labor and quality of the installation is going to be reduced significantly.
- The company is going out of business and you don’t know this yet.
Fall Installation Benefits Worth Considering
If you are still on the fence regarding whether or not it is a good idea to have a new sprinkler system installed in the fall, consider what benefits this time of year offers. In addition to saving some money, other advantages include:
- It’s a slower time of year for many landscape companies, which means they will be able to get the work done in a timely manner.
- It is easier for the team to get the system installed when the heat of the summer has subsided.
- Ongoing service and maintenance for the system throughout the spring is typically included for any system installed during the fall.
Keep in mind, not all landscape companies are going to offer discounts for sprinkler system installation in the fall. However, the benefits listed above still make it smart to have the work done at this time. After all, if you are going to have a sprinkler system installed anyway, why not do so when the professionalsIs Fall the Right Time to Have a New Sprinkler System Installed? aren’t as busy. This means they will be able to provide more time and attention to the work you need done.